At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.Organization Overview:
The Bioanalytical Research Group (BAR) is seeking a dynamic scientist skilled in protein biochemistry and mass spectrometry to evaluate the ADME of therapeutic proteins, peptides, and new modalities such as RNA-based therapeutics and antibody-drug-conjugates. If you have demonstrated experience supervising and mentoring laboratory personnel, apply today.
Be a part of this progressive team that collaborates with toxicology, PK/PD, protein engineering, and multiple therapeutic areas to help discover and characterize optimal therapeutic candidates to advance to clinical testing. Please connect with us and apply today.Responsibilities:
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
- The development and application of LC/MS-based assays using high resolution and QQQ instrumentation to measure complex therapeutic proteins in a wide variety of biological matrices, including tissues
- The application of mass spectrometric approaches to answer mechanistic questions related to target engagement, biotransformation, and biodistribution of therapeutic proteins
- Lead the characterization of oligo- and siRNA-based therapeutics, including developing strategies to answer PK and metabolism in cells, tissues, and biofluids using qPCR, hybridization assays, and LC/MS
- Supervise, train, and mentor junior scientists in bioanalysis
- Serve as the Bioanalytical Project Lead for sophisticated projects requiring input from a highly qualified scientist on PK/PD and immunogenicity assays
- Lead the interpretation of bioanalytical data provided to project teams
- PhD in biochemistry/molecular biology/bioengineering/biology/ pharmacology/pharmaceutical sciences/chemistry or related scientific field
- 5+ years of relevant proven experience in bioanalysis and study support
- Demonstrated record of using high resolution mass spectrometry to perform bioanalysis of therapeutic proteins. This should include protein quantification in biological matrices and evaluating the biotransformation of complex therapeutic proteins such as antibody-drug conjugates, fusion proteins, and multifunctional antibodies
- Experience developing bioanalytical assays for LNP and nucleic acid-based drugs (mRNA, siRNA, etc.)
- Knowledge of MS-informatic approaches to interpret sophisticated data sets.
- Develop and implement bioanalytical assays to investigate immunogenicity, PK, and biomarkers to support the development of gene editing therapeutics
- Experience with immunoaffinity sample preparation techniques.
- A deep understanding of the ADME of therapeutic proteins
- Solid understanding of next generation sequencing assays and hands on technical expertise on nucleic acid quantitation (RT-qPCR, ddPCR)
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively "Lilly") are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Our employee resource groups (ERGs) offer strong support networks for their members and help our company develop talented individuals for future leadership roles. Our current groups include: Africa, Middle East, Central Asia Network, African American Network, Chinese Culture Network, Early Career Professionals, Japanese International Leadership Network (JILN), Lilly India Network, Organization of Latinos at Lilly, PRIDE (LGBTQ + Allies), Veterans Leadership Network, Women's Network, Working and Living with Disabilities. Learn more about all of our groups.
As a condition of employment with Eli Lilly and Company and its subsidiaries in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company (subject to applicable law).